Formartine and Buchan Way E-Bike Hire Scheme
The Data Controller of the information being collected is Aberdeenshire Council.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Town House, 34 Low Street, Banff, AB45 1AY.
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
- Hire of electric bikes and equipment
- GPS tracking of the bike should it be stolen
- Anonymised GPS tracking of the bike for scheme reporting and to inform on potential improvements to the scheme
- Data may be used to understand popular routes used to better promote the scheme, or to support future funding applications.
Your information has: been provided to [Aberdeenshire Council / to Aberdeenshire Council by Mintlaw and Central Buchan Initiative / to Aberdeenshire Council by Friends of Aden Country Park]
The Legal Basis for collecting the information is:
|Personal Data||Special categories of personal data|
|Consent||X||The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing|
|Performance of a Contract||Processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment, and social security and social protection law|
|Legal Obligations||Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent|
|Vital Interests||Processing relates to personal data which are made public by the data subject|
|Task carried out in the Public Interest||Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity|
|Legitimate Interests1||Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest|
|Processing is necessary for legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards by a foundation, association or any other not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and on condition that the processing relates solely to the members or to former members of the body or to persons who have regular contact with its connections with its purposes and that the personal data are not disclosed outside that body without the consent of the individuals|
|Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment, or the management of health or social care systems|
|Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health|
|Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes|
Where the Legal Basis for processing is either Performance of a Contract or Legal Obligation, please note the following consequences of failure to provide the information:
- Personal data will only be shared between the Council and its partner (Ellon and District Sports Development Trust). We will use a tracker company to carry out GPS tracking of the bike fore scheme reporting, to inform on potential improvements to the scheme and to monitor location of the bike if it is stolen. This data will be anonymised.
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
- Not applicable
Your information will be transferred to or stored in the following countries and the following safeguards are in place:
The retention period for the data is:
- Anonymised information consisting of the first four digits of your postcode, the number of bikes hired, date hired, and duration of hire will be retained for a period of 7 years from the date of hire and will thereafter be destroyed
- Personal information such as name, address, telephone number and email will be retained for a period of 1 year and will thereafter be destroyed.
The following automated decision-making, including profiling, will be undertaken:
Please note that you have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the Legal Basis specified above is Consent;
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (after raising the issue with the Data Protection Officer first);
- to request access to your personal data;
- to object, where the legal basis specified above is:
- Performance of a Public Task; or
- Legitimate Interests.
- to data portability, where the legal basis specified above is:
- Consent; or
- Performance of a Contract;
- to request rectification or erasure of your personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.
Where the Legal Basis for processing is Consent, please confirm that you have been provided:
- why your information is being collected;
- the purposes for your information being collected;
- full information about the intended processing;
- details of any sharing of your information;
- details of the security for transferring your information to any country outside the EEA;
- the applicable retention period;
- details of any automated decision-making or profiling applied to your information; and
- details of your rights.
I understand that I have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting
A cookie is a file containing an identifier ( a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a webs server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. They can be persistent (remain valid until a set expiry date) or session (expiring when the browser is closed). Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a users, but personal information we store about you may be linked to the information stored by and obtained from cookies.